Wednesday, September 17, 2014

K-Lair Just Got Another Regular Customer

               Today I decided to go visit K-Lair. I had heard some things about the old K-Lair but they weren’t good things. I had also heard a lot of great things about the new K-Lair. After hearing mixed reviews I had to try this place for myself.
               Upon arriving at K-Lair I couldn’t help but notice the massive amounts of construction going on all around the restaurant. I wasn’t sure if it was finished or not because everything inside was clean and new, but there weren’t any people there at 11:30 on a Wednesday. So I walked up to the counter and looked at the many options they had to choose from. They had many types of burgers, chicken wings, salads, wraps, and melts. Many of these items were stamped with the Kentucky Proud logo. It seemed like as soon as I ordered I looked back and saw there was now a line ten or so people long.
               After I got my food and poured my drink from one of those massive drink machines with 150 different drink options, I found a comfy booth to sit at. I got to looking around and saw all the different seating options, the wood paneling, all the TV’s, and even the sign from the old K-Lair. It was just a great atmosphere. As I was eating, I kept seeing the manager doing odd jobs like refilling the drink machine, wiping the trashcans, and cleaning up trays. I couldn’t believe it, this manager cared so much he did these jobs himself instead of ordering someone else to. As a result, I respect this man’s character and know that when I come back, the restaurant will again be in pristine condition like it was still new.

               I liked K-Lair so much I was hesitant to post this for fear that everyone might discover this treasure hidden within Haggin Hall. I encourage everyone to go, but it might turn out to be one of those secret places that you don’t tell everyone else about. K-Lair is definitely my new favorite restaurant and I will definitely be going back soon.


1 comment:

  1. I have been wondering about K Lair myself. Now that I have read this I think I will definitely check it out. One thing to look into might be what they have changed from the old k lair to the new one.

    ReplyDelete