Thursday, October 9, 2014

Eat like an Engineer

               So the other day I decided to try out a new place on campus called Rising Roll Gourmet. I had heard good things about it, so I had to discover these things for myself. It’s located in the Ralph G. Anderson building within the Engineering quadrangle. Most of the engineering majors have already been, but it seems like it’s a pretty well-kept secret within the engineering community.
               So like most, if not all, of the on-campus eateries its line gets pretty long around mealtimes. This is normal and well worth the wait. While I was standing in this line I noticed that they have a sign with a newspaper article on it. This article rated the top sandwich shops in the US. Believe it or not the Rising Roll Gourmet location in Atlanta was riding on top at number 1. This was surprising because I had never heard of this chain until I arrived on campus.
               Then I took a look at their menu. It had a plethora of hot and cold sandwiches, wraps, and soup. Reading some of the ingredients, I quickly realized this was no run of the mill sandwich shop, they had very unique combination of ingredients in their specialty sandwiches. One of the other things they pride themselves on is their fresh ingredients.

               I actually received my food not that much longer after my order was placed. This is very rare among the dining options at UK. Then when I turned to find a seat, I found out the downside to this great place. There aren’t a whole lot of seating options in the commons area. I was going to go outside and sit in the courtyard, but it was kind of a dreary wet day. The commons area is a very popular place; many engineers do their homework here and there is always tutoring going on. Overall I really like Rising Roll, but if their planning on more business they should really expand their seating.

Rising Roll Gourmet http://uky.campusdish.com/Locations/RisingRollGourmet.aspx 

No comments:

Post a Comment