Thursday, October 9, 2014

Nothing Common About This Coffee Shop

               Probably the most recent restaurant to open up on campus is the Common Grounds below Champions Court 1. At first I was thinking this was just a coffee place like Starbucks or another average coffee house. Then the other day a friend mentioned that he really liked their milkshakes, and as we started talking, I figured out that it was so much more than a coffee place. Therefore I just had to try it for myself.
               So today I went to Common Grounds to eat lunch. The first thing I noticed was the surprising lack of a long line to order. This is kind of strange, especially on a college campus, most if not all of the other places to eat on campus have dreadfully long lines just to get your order into the system. Then I got a look at their menu, to discover many more lunch options than I had expected from a coffee shop. From the looks of it Panini’s were their specialty but they had sandwiches and other items as well.

               So I’m not a huge coffee fan so I didn’t look at their coffee menu in great detail, but it looked like they had a pretty large selection of specialty drinks. What I did order was a milkshake, but I looked over the flavor options and saw that they were mostly fruity flavors. When I got my “milkshake” my suspicion was confirmed; it wasn’t a milkshake as much as it was a smoothie. Then I began to wait for my food and waited and waited. It took quite while for them to make my sandwich. It was mostly likely from the speed they took orders that they built up. I eventually got my food and it was good, but by the time I got it my milkshake/smoothie was halfway gone.

Common Grounds http://uky.campusdish.com/Locations/CommonGrounds.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment